Friday, March 04, 2005

Sunday 25th Feb - Saturday Mar 3 2005

Running
Had a good weeks training definetely improving. It has taken me nearly 9 months to get back to the fitness levels that I was at 9 months ago last June but thankfully it is starting to click together.
Sun - Early start 620am from home ran to Centennial Park & around. Met up with Tiff just after 7am. Didn't push just tried to run relaxed. Ran for 85mins
Mon - Ran from work before work in the trails near work & felt ok . I did within 1 or 2 seconds of what I ran last Friday.
Tues - Tiff was sick So I did a session by myself in Centennial Park around the lake. 2mins,90secs,1min,30secs x 3 with short recoveries. 27 mins all up & felt quite good.
Weds - Rest Day. Kieran had a cold so I stayed at home with him. Amy did not get home till 9pm so swapped rest days.
Thurs - Naremburn Oval 8x400 1min recoveries. Ran well averaged 71.95 which is a big improvement on the previous time I did the session. First rep was quite quick but put the brakes on & ended up with a good averaged. I finished just before the rain started with thunder all around.
Fri - Lunch Wts & after work. I ran in the Artarmon Trails & 40 secs quicker than normal without pushing the pace.
Sat - Queens Park - Tempo run 6.15k xcountry with Sean Williams group. Fast start 3.24 first k . I put the brakes but still ran strongly & negatively splitted the last lap. Ran 21.06 a 12 sec improvement. My second fastest time ever . I would dearly love to bresk 21mins one day. Splits 7.06,14.14,21.06
Mileage - 51miles - A very good weeks training
Life
Amy worked on Sunday . So I took Kieran to the beach & swings in the morning.Fox studios in the afternoon to look at the frm animals & two rides on the merry go round. He really enjoyed himself. We went to mums place for dinner & met up with Amy. Had a very good day.
Monday - Got home earlier & finally manged to get Kieran down to the park while had a run.
Wednesday - Kieran was quite congested with a cold. I finally got him ready & got him to the car whenwhat no car seat - Still in mum's car. So could not take him to childcare. So we spent the day at home together. We went to the beach in the morning as quite hot.Kieran went into the ocean up to his knees & then we walked over to the pool where he watched other people swim. I hopped into the pool . Kieran came into but after short time was keen to get out. In the afternoon we went to the park for 90mins. Watched videos & played ball.
Thursday - Mum came home quite late 9pm.. Long trip home due to thunderstorm & Kieran fell asleep for 40 mins . So decided not to go shopping but he did not take long to thaw out after his sleep & ended up watching & dancing Wiggles videos after his bath.
Sat - Amy had day off work so after I got back from my tempo run. We went for a walk to Coogee. Off this arvo to watch the National Athletics Champs at Homebush & catch up with some friends. Mum has gone out for a break before I go.
My car is playing up again. I'm hoping it is just the power steering needing oiling . As the car is making a horrible grinding noise. Keeping my fingers crossed it is nothing major. Amy told me this week that we will be going to the States hopefully in May depends on her work colleague. Hope I can get one or two races there when we go.
Till next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger michael donnelly said...

Plu,
When I'm doing 400's . I usually have a quick look at what time I'm on at 1/2 way& try & double that to get estimated time. If I'm hitting the 200m point in 36 . I'll try & get in each rep at the 200m point at 36 each rep to be consistent. I'm usually just a tad conservative on the first few reps (without being too slow runthru's before session help) to leave something in the tank to finish the session in a respectable average.
Intervals are a must . You have to keep them up. A great way to improve . It is hard work but it gets your legs moving faster & really helps improve your cruising speed when racing. All of a sudden you feel on your steady runs that you are moving quicker with less effort even though initially the next day you pull up slightly sore.Gradually you adjust to the interval training though.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home