Sunday, February 27, 2005

Sunday 20th - Saturday 26th 2005

The week that was
Running
Sunday - Early start 625am as Amy work . I ran by myself started slowly increased pace slightly but just ran 85 mins around Centennial & Queens Pk - 11 & 3/4 mls
Mon - Ran after work in Cntennial Pk did 10k course.plus extra 2k. I couldn't believe I was running that quickly.It was hot & sticky but still felt good. I tried to put the brakes on but ran 10k in 41.37 happy with run - 7&1/2 mls
Tues - Ran after work at ES Marks with Tiff. Did 1k,8,6,4 &2 with 5m,4m,3m,2m recoveries. Ran quite well reps were 3.02,2.24.5,high 1.43,high 67 & 30.9 . Tiff was way in front & is going quite apart from a niggling glute problem..Tiff made the World Cross Country team which is a fine reward for her efforts.
Weds - Rest Day Lunch - Wts
Thurs - Ran after work hot . Did some (5) 1k's approx with 90secs rec at Gore Hill Oval. The oval was in rough condition but I was getting quicker as I got tireder . Which is a good sign that I'm getting fitter. Ave low -
3.18
Fri - Ran in the morning before work it was hot & muggy. I ran in the bushtrails near work. I started slowly but once I got into the trails sped up.I was glad I ran in the morning it was a hot one . 7mls - 48.09 plus some strides
Sat - early start 620am Amy working. Did 12 hills in Centennial Park near cafe. Finally starting to improve my ave was 42.25. I must be starting to absorb the training so getting fitter. 9mls
week mileage - 50 & 3/4mls good improvement hopefully 6k tempo run next week(if Amy not working next weekend) to guage my fitness.
Life
Had a good week.
Amy & Kieran stayed at May's place in Campbelltown on Monday night. So I went to the movies to see Million Dollar Baby which was quite a good flick. What is the world coming to Clint Eastwood has discovered a sensitive side. Tuesday I got up early & went to Clovelly for a swim. What bliss. Water was a little dirty from recent storms but the water temp was pleasant.
Took Wednesday off training as Amy had a day off work & we all went down to Bronte Beach for fish & chips for dinner. It is good to have the flexibility of a rest day to slot in where needed.I hit my head on a low hanging branch while walking the dogs late at night. No stitches required but just bled a bit.
Friday traffic was horrendus coming home as Waratahs game at SFS . Kieran fell asleep on the way home but was cool when he woke up.
I better get going. I still have the 2nd half of the StKilda game to watch. I know they lost but still enjoy watching them . Footy seaon not far away. Also the house looks like a bomb hit it. Kieran was throwing balls everywhere & pulled out all the dog & cat food & dog leads. Amy's new job at Balko Hills is really starting to pick up & unfortunately she is flat out . What a contrast to me. Hopefully she won't be too late home as it is a bit tough on Kieran . Thankfully she has Monday & Tuesday off . Kieran's vocabularly continues to grow . He is really keen to try new words & will repeat words back to you. He gets a bit frusturated when he knows what he is trying to say but we don't understand him. The boy loves his ice cream . He goes to the freezer & says ice & he just hoes into it.
Till next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

You've had a good week Michael! Some good sessions. I liked that 1,8,6,4,2. Tiff has certainly improved. She won my CC race in 1998 with 19:17 for 5k. Great to see her doing so well. I hope she enjoys France and the racing.

10:26 PM  
Blogger michael donnelly said...

Ewen,
Tiff has really only got serious with her in the last 12 months . shows you what can be done.Their must be a lot of other runners out there with a lot of ability that never realise their potential.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home