Sunday, March 13, 2005

Sunday - Saturday March 12th 2005

Running - Had a good weeks training 51.5mls & some good quality sessions.
Sun - Long run 85mins ran 30mins by self then last 55mins with Tiff around Queens & Centennial. Felt quite strong near end of the run which is a good sign.
Mon - Did hills after work 2x6 with Tiff near cafe in Centennial Park. Consistent ave 41.85 about 1 sec behind.
Tues - Ran before work in trails 12k & did some wts.
Weds - Did 6x3mins with 90secs rec with Tiff. Easier than last time I did session.
Thurs - Lunch wts. After work trails 8miles af ew twinges.
Fri - Rest
St - Early start ran 12 x 200 jog recovery along fence near cafe in Centennial Park. I just tried to run relaxed & quickly . I didn't time session.
Life
We have decided to go to the States March 28th to visit Amy relos for about 5 weeks. It's just so much cheaper to go now rather than later. Hopefully the weather will start to warm a little. It will be good for Amy's family to see how much Kieran has developed. I'm hoping to get a race in while I'm over there.. A big 5k is on in Philly but fear it is too far away so will do a lower key race nearer to where we will be staying in Medford NJ.I'll miss a couple of Jets home games as the footy season starts today but will look forward to going to some games in Mayy. Hoping they some Aussie Rules on TV over there. I was hoping to see a Red Sox game in the US but I had a look at the schedule & they won't be playing in Philly or New York while we are there. I have heard that a trip to Washington could be on the cards.
Kieran is sleeping as I type . I took him to the beach this morning .He went in the pool & the ocean & enjoyed himself & is becoming more comfortable with the water.He fell asleep on the walk back home before 12pm which is unusual. He has had a tough week sleepwise waking up a few nights at 9pm & not going to sleep till 11pm. He is really enjoying his time at the childcare so much so that he is reluctant to leave when I goto pick him up as he is usually dancing.
We went down to Coogee on Sunday morning & he enjoyed running down the beach with mum & dad. He had a long sleep & then we went to friends place at Liverpool where he went onn Easte egg hunt . He then proceeded to polish of three of the eggs in quick succession. On Tuesday we went down to Clovelly for a swim after work. The boy enjoyed himself in the water & chasing a ball along the beach. Oh the simple things in lifeThe Elmo video is the flavour of the month at the moment.
When Kieran wakes up we might take i some cricket as it is the last game of the season & play on the swings.I'm off to grab some lunch.
That was the week that was . Till next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

Michael, I'm looking forward to seeing how Tiff and the other girls and guys go at St Galmier this weekend. You're probably busy getting organised for your trip to the States. Enjoy yourself and good luck with the customs queues.

1:31 PM  
Blogger michael donnelly said...

Ewen,
Yes I'll be the one waiting in cusomes queues as my wife & child have US Citizenship.
Hope you enjoy your running while I'm away.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home