Tuesday, June 21, 2005

June 21 2005

Running
Sat - Early start ran 9 miles.
Sun - Early start ran to Tamarama Baeach via cemetery and then headed to Queens Park. Ran 35.20 to park and then 44.07 for 10k loop.Ran for 90mins and did 12.75mls
Mon - Ran in the morning at Queens Park 2x2k and 2x1k 6.52,6.44,3.18.9 and 3.14.4 . Good session
Tues - Ran in the morning with Tiff in Queens and Centennial Park . Easy 61.27 - 8.75mls. Wts lunchtime
Weds - Did 10x400 1min rec at Queens Park ave 72.15 f 70.1 s 74.4. Every 2nd rep was slower as uphill. Right gluet tight after session.
Thurs - Ran in the morning from home down to Centennial park and met up with Tiff . We ran easily 54mins plus strides . 8mls Wts lunchtime
Fri - Rest
Sat - Did tempo early in the morning it was dark along bike path in Centennial Park. 2 laps 1st laps easier 14.39 2nd lap 13.17. A bit diappointed.8.25mls
Sun - Rest sick
Mon - Rest sick
Tues - Rest sick
Life
Well this cold has finally caught up with me. I have been struggling for about 3 weeks and really starting to feel like I'm going backwards. So I'm having a rest for 4 days . I'm taking antibiotics and cough medicine. My harder sessions were ending with me coughing and spluttering everywhere . It is not an enjoyable experience. I was going to run on Sunday morning but Kieran woke up at 320am and stayed up for 2 hours and I was too exhausted to run . So I thought I need a rest . I have tried running thru this cold but it was not working.So Plan B is now in action. I am getting a bit despondent about the whole thing as you see fitness slipping away. Amy has had this cough for 5 weeks.
It was a busy weekend last weekend . Two birthday parties were planned for Kieran's friends. I took him down to the local park on Saturday after he woke up quite irritable from his sleep.Amy got off work early and showed up not long after we arrived. We decided to drive back home and played that swinging game that we play with Kieran. Unfortunately Amy held on to Kieran's arm a bit longer when we crossed the road and we could see that his left arm was giving him dicomfort.We decided to drive him up to emergency at Randwick. After a bit of waiting around . The intern and nurse said that Kieran had strained ligaments in his elbow. The elbow had to be put back in its palce. Kieran was in quite a bit of pain when they minuplated his arm. Poor kid. He woke up at the 320am and his arm was still hanging limply but luckily when he woke up again at 815am he was fine. The interns in that the hospital sees three cases of this a day at children's emergency.He is back to his old self again doing summersault,running and the ball around the house.He sat down and watched the first half of the state of origin with me . A big improvement on the wiggles.
Kieran sleeping patterns are out of wack at the moment with two 320am awakenings and last night back up at 10pm. It is hard not to wean hm off constantly watching too much TV . How many times have we seen Wiggles the movie ? Last night at least we were able to entertain him with colouring in and kicking the ball and playing with his train set.
The other birthday party was cancelled on Sunday and Amy got the day off because of Kieran's arm so when Kieran slept . I just watched some AFL on TV and Amy went shopping.
We had a big farewell for Cecily at work on Friday after 13 years at SBS. She was a bit of a pain sometimes but not a bad person. Hey if you are schoolteacher you have to be a stickler for somethings.
I better get going and hope by the time I blog next time I'm feeling better and back running again.Also Australia beats England in the cricket otherwise the two Pommies at work willl make life tought for the Aussies at work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Quite a bit of news to catch up on there, don27! Weather hasn't been too good for running and having a cold doesn't help either, so hope you're feeling OK by now.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Hope that your on top of that cold soon Don27. We might even bump into each other around local area as I do all my runs around C or Q Parks and the beaches as well.

7:49 AM  
Blogger michael donnelly said...

Thanks for the good wishes . I think I have finally seen the last of that dreaded cold but now my back is tender . Oh well. Hope that your running is going well.

Regards
Don 27

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home