Thursday, May 12, 2005

May12 th 2005

Running
Thurs - Ran after work at Gore Hill did 2x3,x2,2x1 laps with 90 secs recovery . Laps are 450 approx as AFL Oval. I wasdodging kids kicking footballs around but still ran ok . 3 laps ave ave 4.22 2 laps 2.51 1 laps ave 1.20 - 8.75mls
Fri - wts rest day running
Sat - morn long warm up. I was going to run with Sean W group @ Queens Pk but only two kids turned up. So I did 10 x hills @ Centennial Pk and was quiet pleased with session ave 41.8. Last rep 39.0 good. - 9.25mls
Sun - morn by self did 90 min in Centennnial Pk 2 laps of 6.2k course . Felt ok ran extra k near home - 12.75mls
Mon - Ran after work Centennial Pk did lake , 6.2k course and fence plus strides . Felt ok - 7.75mls wts lunchtime
Tues - morn intervals Naremburn Oval 9x400 1min rec ave 72.95 . First rep was very slow but then ok.
Weds - lunchtime wts and did 4 laps of trails Artarmon from gym felt good - 8.75mls - 59.30
Thurs - intervals lunchtime Gore Hill 2x4 and 2x2 laps 90 secs rec. Dodging footy and soccer balls . Felt good ave 5.53.8 4 laps 2.50.1 ave 2 laps. - Tough session especially by yourself - 9mls
A good weeks training . I was surprised how well I have comeback after long trip home. In a routine again which can make a difference. I hope to run a 5k xcountry this weekend depending on the weather.
Life
We have settled back into life pretty well. Although I must say that Kieran has found the task harder than Amy and myself.He has got used to having Mum and Dad around and his trips to the Childcare have been difficult for him. He has been feeling a bit under the weather having a chesty cough that he cannot shake. I'm hoping that he gets used to going back to the Childcare again soon. Once he is there he is fine but dropping him off is tough.
Amy had a look at a place that we keen to buy in Clovelly 5 years back and missed out on. It has been renovated and the price went up dramitically. Oh well I'm happy where we are.
Work has been very quiet the computer records management system has not been upgraded as expected when I was away on leave. So I had work piling up to do which has now been done.
Went to Mum's place for dinner on Mother's Day and she seemed failrly subdued. Kieran vocabularly has improved dramitically and that entertained Mum. Amy feels a little down about the fact that Kieran is starting to pronounce words correctly instead of his own tilt on words.
Kieran and I went to the footy last Saturday.He enjoyed it yelling ball when we got into the ground and sat their quietly while we watched the first half. At half time we kicked the ball on the ground aonly problem here was I could not get him off the ground when play resumed. Luckily no harm was done as he did not get close enough to the playing filed for it to be a worry. I finally threw the ball back over the fence and he finally followed me. Newtown won again 5 straight wow. Had a chat with Steve Helmich who I used to run against at Interclub years ago.
Nothing much else to report. So till next week. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home