Monday, April 04, 2005

Sunday April 4 2005

Running
Sun - Ran by myself early around Centennial Park did 2 laps of 6.2k course then back home. I felt good.
Mon - Ran early in the morning from home did 10k course then home . Felt good.
Tues - Ran early did interval session at the lake in Centennial Park . 3min,2min,1min,30secs efforts . 15min worht of surges with half the time recovery jog. Ran ok without being brilliant.
Weds - Ran in Weston Connecticut for 41mins felt surprisingly ok despite long flight.
Thurs - Ran in Weston ran out for 16mins did 14 strides then ran back. Felt ok.
Fri - Ran for 40mins in Weston plus some stides
Sat - Ran a road race at Easton HS in Connecticut. It was pouring rain and only 4c. I was not going to do it but sister in law Nancy talked me into it. If I didn't go their was no way I would have got out for a run. Only did 17.33 5k but bleak conditi0ns. Won a trophy about 100 starters.
Sun Long run Cedar Rd and Chesnut Hill Rd hilly 79mins
Life
Everything was packed and we were ready to go thanks to Amy's orgainisational skills. Still doesn't stop stress though. Kieran was good on the flight . He slept for an hour early in the flight and then took quite awhile to get to sleep for the 13hour flight to San Francisco. We occupied him with games and putting trash in the garbage bin at the back of the plane. He finally had 3hrs sleep at the end of the flight. I got 1hour sleep but was woken up by the worlds most boring man droning on at the back of the plane. We sat next to a nice lady from Reno who had been to Oz a few times and commented on how much busier it had got. Met another nice lady whose American daughter now lived in Bermagui of all places.We had a 3hr stopover in San Fran before our 5hr flight to NY. A grumpy old New Yorker did not like Kieran playing near by and wanted to convesigate his ball when it landed on his paper that he was reading from cover to cover. My wife ever the joker tried to make a joke when we got on the plane that her and Kieran seats were between him and his wife. His wife got it but he didn't get the joke.
I feel a little bit like Ben Stiller in meet the Fockers. You know the guy that always does wrong no mater what he does. We have been doing a bit of shopping as it is quite cheap. It is very hard to find anything that fits . I have 32 inch waist but try getting your leg into a 32inch pair of jeans. I noeed a straight leg fit. I bought a pair of Etonic running shoes only $21.98 what a bargain . I only tried on the right shoe as we were in a hurry to pick up my sister in law's daughter from school. I open the box in the car 2 right shoes . Too late to take the shoes back . Oh well I hope my sister in law can take them back before the end of the trip.
We had a big birthday party for Sarah who turned 3 and the whole family is here. Kieran has trouble adjusting to the time zones he has 2 nights from hell and 2 nights. Unfortunately when he still up at 2am we cannot walk him like at home as it is too cold and no street lights. So have to wait till he finally crashes. This puts a lot of pressure on Amy as when he is tired he is clingy and always wants her. So she is short with me.
I will just ell you a little about my brother in law Peter . He took me to the race in the pouring rain and is trying to arrange Red Sox tickets for me at Fenway Park which is fantastic. He is a great guy. Which leads me to my Sunday morning run . I set out and the dog Jesse follows me . I think when we get to the main road he wil turn back but no. He keeps following me so what do I do I keep going. I try to follow a road that has 25mph speed limit but eventually hit a busier Rd meanwhile Jesse keeps following. I keep running very silly because Peter has gone out looking for Jesse and very worried.A lady pulls up and asks me if it is my dog . I say no it is my brother in laws dog. I have now been running for 50mins . Luckily the lady pulls up again and is concerned. So I explain how to get back to peter's place and the lady take Jesse home. Boy do I cop it it when I get home . I should have just Jesse home and gone back out for my run but I just wanted to get out and do the run. Running can be self indulgent at times can't it . Amy was furious and Peter took it quite well although I think he stayed away from home for awhile to cool down as he was worked up about Jesse going missing. Oh god . Hopefully I will be on my best behaviour for awhile fingers crossed . Luckily Amy's family told Amy to calm down she was giving me the evil stare and dougbting my abilities as a responsibile person. Better go Kieran has just woken up. If anyone in blogger land knows how Newtown got on last weekend and could let me know that would be great. StKilda won by a point phew . Baseball starts tonight and hopefully I will see a bit of the great rivals Rd Sox and Yankees game.
Off to flatter country in South Jersey this afternoon and hopefully the rain thaws and I can run in the pinelands as a little sore from running on the roads all the time and hopefully wildll adjust tthe time zone. Note daylight saving started today. Catch you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home