Monday, April 11, 2005

April 10 2005

Running
Mon - Had a rest day my calves & body was sore from travel and running on the road . First day off for about 11 days so just needed a rest.
Tues - Medford NJ Pine Barrens did 6x900 90secs rec a bit slugish early reps but improved as session went on. Ave 2.58.9
Weds - Ran for an hr in Medord Pine Barrens just kept criss crossing in the trails to avoid road.
Thurs - 11x260 1m15 sec rec ave 44.6 in Pine Barrens got better as I went along . I felt better than Tuesday's session.
Fri - Ran Pine Barrens and on the road for 43mins and did a few strides
Sat - Ran in Pine Barrens .I did Tues session again to see if I improved 3 secs per improvement. Started quicker reps were slower coming back as windier. Ave 2.55.9
Sun - 730am start slow early but the last 25mins of the run were quite strong. Ran in Pine Barrens and road up to Baseball field. 85mins 12miles . Only saw 2 people running.
52.5miles . A pretty tough week .I have not been that tired and sore for along time.
Life
Now staying with Amy's eldest Susan in Medford NJ. It is very flat and the roads are well paved and it is very quiet.Kieran's sleep and biting are still a concern . At least with the biting he showed some remorse for his actions the other night but stil along way to go he thiks it is all a joke.We took him to an old schoolfriend of Amy's sons little league Baseball game and he straight away picked up a bat and started swinging it.We have been taking him on bike rides and he even ventured on to a skateboard today. I found a tick on him when we were playing in the backyard. He really seems to idolise older kids and wants to play with them and I think the older kids find it all a bit of a burden. We took a trip down to Cape May which is about 90mins south of here he was tired all day but when he finally fell asleep at 4pm . He was more like his old self when we got back to Medford.
Saturday was a bit of a disaster for me . I was going to run in a road race at Gloucester Township at 930am . Amy's dad kindly volunteered to drive me there unfortunately we got lost and took 90 mins to find the race location. It was a bit frustrating as I don't get to race much these days but what can you do. Sometimes things are just beyond your control. I got bad vibes that morning as when I checked the AFL scores juust lost it was not a good omen. Amy was very understanding when I got back and let me go straight out for a run despite minding Kieran for afew hours previously. So I went out and did a hard session to compensate. Hopefully I can run a race next Saturday at Haddon Lake Park. I will keep my fingers crossed.
The weather has started to fine up and the temp is a litle warmer now. We have been doing plenty of clothes shopping as everything is so cheap with all the sales on in clothing stores.We will either go to Philly tomorrow or try and catch up with my cousin WOrange NJ .
One pleasing aspect of the trip has been the fact that Amy has had sometime to run and has run 6 days so far and already is back to 30minutes. It is a pity her work and household demands stop her from doing something that she enjoys doing. Boy if I couldn't run I would go nuts.
I have been keeping on eye on my football teams results . So disapointing Saints losing to North. Stoke now out of promotion contention. The saving grace is if you follow enough codes someone has to win and Newtown have won 2 on the trot. Gordon won a cricket premiership in lower grades. Still with my teams I never get too optimistic.
I am so looking forward to going to Fenway Park to watch the Red Sox play. We have the tickets for the 17th. This is right up there with 81 grand final, Lords cricket test,StKilda play at Moorabbin and seeing Stoke play on my European trip of 93.
It is going to be tough for awhile when we go back to Oz after Amy has visited her family but just got ride the storm and enjoy the holiday.
Better go . Till next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home