Friday, May 20, 2005

May 20th 2005

Running
Fri - Rest Day
Sat - 530pm Centennial Pk path hard dark 2 laps - 1st lap up tempo 2nd lap hard 14.31,27.31 . Happy with session.
Sun - 530am Beaches to Tamarama and then 10k in Centennial Park when it got light extra when I got home . A bit tired but been worse - 91mins - 12.75mls
Mon - Aft 420pm Hills x 12 Centennial Pk Cafe. Getting dark but managed to finish session . Did a good session ave 41.1 quick start 1st rep 40.7 s 42.0 f 39.5 . Big improvement. 8.5mls
Tues - Ran before work from gym . Did wts and just tried torun easier as tough of days. Didn't have a very good nights sleep. Did 7.5 mls in 52.04 plus strides . Trails a bit wet
Weds - morn Queens pk 2x2k,1k,400 2min rec and 90 secs rec for 400.Ran ok ground a bit damp and ropes up for football fields.Did ok 2k 6.57,6.50,1k 3.18.9,400 70.9. 2K is 2050 1k is 1025m . Good
Thurs - Ran at lunchtime from gym . Did wts beforehand. Felt really good laps of trails were so much faster than Tuesdays run. 59.15 - 8.75mls
Fri - morn bikepath Centennial pk 2 laps . alap 1 uptempo 14.04 2nd lap hard 13.00 - 27.04 . Good improvement. Would have like to break 13mins for 2nd lap but still happy with run.
A good weeks training. Improving again. 54Mls
Life
We are back into the routine again from holidays again and it has been a bit of a culture shock.Amy will be working both days on the weekends and starting at 8am which means a 715am departure. This does not make the little man happy . He does enjoy his time in the bed with mum in the mornings. So he is not a happy camper when she leaves. It also means a very early start for my runs on the weekend . So it is dark when I leave. Oh well we have to pay the mortgage somehow.
Last Friday night was a rough one for me. The Super 12 Rugby was on at the SFS . So their was a massive traffic jam . Kieran was crying for the whole 75min trip home.When we got home he was still worked up and only after I put him in the pram and walked him did he setlle down. He just hates sitting in traffic and not moving. Amazingly 13hr plane flight was not a problem. I suppose he could move around and mum and dad were there the whole time.
He still get anxious when I leave him at the childcare but the childcarers tell me he is great during the day.Hopefully he will settle back when I drop him off soon.
I missed out running the xcountry race last Saturday . Just not practical to hand Kieran off to a parent while I run. He did not want to let dad go . I could get away with it last year as Kieran was not aware of what was going on but now he is getting older he is so much more alert. I'm hoping to do a Striders 10k in early June because Amy starts work that day at 9am . I still hope to do the City to Surf but hopefully can do 2 races beforehand to prepare for it and will do plenty of tempo run type session to compensate the lack of races.
Tomorrow I have an outing with Kieran planned riding the trains . So that should be fun. This afternoon I'm taking a 1/2 day off to go to a movie with Amy while Kieran is in daycare. So that is a bonus.
Both Kieran and Amy have colds at the moment . I hope they get better soon.
Must win game for Sainters this weekend.
Better go till next week. See ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home