Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I'm back

Just thought I'd try the occasional blog to look back on things.
This year running has been a disaster . I have a lot of injuries mostly calf related. I think I have finally got on top of things as the last 4 months have been injury free. Running about 35 - 40 miles per week. I run on week days as Amy works weekends so I have the kids & it is all too difficult to run. I started following the Corporate Cup runners around & have improved from 24.25 to 22.58. So hope I can remain injury free & improve a bit more. I have not raced as injury & lack of time have prevented it. I have going down to Scarborough Park with my 5yo Kieran & doing 2k with him which I quite enjoy. We are trying to get a team going at work for Corporate but unfortunately no dropouts so we will have to wait till about April next year to see if we can get a team in.
Elka is now 14 months old & just starting to walk. She has been an absolute delight so is always babbling away & laughing & smiling. She loves the water & grtting us to read in the Night Garden. Luckily she has got into daycare around the corner for next year. Kieran starts school at Clovelly Public next year so he is growing up. He does Little A's,swimming lessons, judo & xcountry with me. There is talk of nippers & soccer next year so I don't know where it is going to fit in. He has a few orientation day & after resistance is excited about the prospect of big school . The only downside is some of his friends from preschool will be going to different schools.
We lashed out a digital desktop box & boy what an improvement to TV reception. Only downside is we have not worked out how to connect the video. I'd like to tape some NFL but alas can't wotk it out. Amy is very happy the Obama won the election being a staunch Democrat & disliking George W with a passion. Work has been very quiet.
I better go have to walk the dogs before the news starts.

1 Comments:

Blogger plu said...

Hi Mike,

Good to see life and running and still going on.

cheers Plu

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home