Friday, January 27, 2006

January 31 2006

Running

Running or lack of. I went to a physio Brent Kirkbride @ Homebush Sports Centre . He is the top in his field. Unfortunately it was bad news . I had not run for 10 days but still my achilles was still tender. I had tried a run about 2 weeks back after a painful massage with Al but after 4k my achilles was getting sore so had to stop. I thought about purchasing a product off the internet for achilles problems but gave it a miss. Brent suggested at least a month on the sidelines and gave me some exercizes to do and to come back and see him in about 2 and a bit weeks. I have been doing a lot more cross training this time around to keep sane . Doing swimming 3 or 4 times a week and weights and a circuit involving 20mins on a bike going 90secs hard and 30 secs easy, cruncher for 5mins (whichis killing my shoulders)and rower doing 2k. It is quite difficult to get out on the weekends for workouts as the sessions take longer than just slipping on a shoe and going for a run. Amy gets a bit antsy with me at times and admitted she is a litle jealous as with her workload and Kieran not keen on letting her out of his sights she is unable to exercize. She would like to go for a run on a more regular basis. My achilles still feels a little tight when walking around so the road to recovery will be a long slow process. I hope to get out to Homebush to watch one night of the Nationals. My swimming times have slowly started to improve and I have set myself little goals to try and keep me focused in training.

Life
Life has been hectic lately we have American friends of Amy's staying with us at the moment. So it is a very loud household with 2 extra boys age 6 and 8 and their parents. Kieran loves having the boys around but his obsession with the Wiggles wears them out. Kieran is going through a bit of a difficult stage . (We had a 330am rise with him last night and had to prevent him from going into the longue room where our guests are sleeping).He likes his own way so to see how the other parents react to their sons misdemeanours is enlightening. Makes me think Amy and I pamper him a bit. He had his first swimming lesson today and apparently he screamed the whole time. It will take a bit of getting used too. Rome wasn't built in a day.
I took Kieran along tot the cricket a few weeks back and he had great fun riding on the roller .
I have had the rash that I got on my body 2 months back and I went to see the local doctor and she thought it must have been caused from swimming in the ocean. I started swimming in pools and the scratchy annoying bites disappeared. So hopefully I have seen the last of this problem.
Our fridge packed it in a couple of days before our guests arrived so we had to take a lot of the food over to our neighbours. Luckily the fridge was repaired on Saturday afternoon.
End of school holidays today and the traffic will start to pick up.
We had a street party on Australia and we met quite a few of the neighbours that we never have even seen before. They al seemed quite nice.
I can't promise that the blog will be more frequent than say once a month as when I'm not running not really in the mood for documenting everything.
Till next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

Blog when you can Michael. That was a good run from Tiffany in the 5000 (also the 1500 in Canberra) - she's getting quicker.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home