Friday, October 28, 2005

October 28 2005

Running

It's been very quiet on the running front. As I have just picked up an injury. The inside of my left knee is sore. I can run but I'm very tender on it till I warm up but I figure if I'm hobbling to start with their must be something wrong. I have been icing my knee at work and have booked a physio appointment near work next Tuesday. I'm not sure what caused the problem. I had 5 days off running just over a week ago and a few days back running again my knee was tender. Hopefully the physio can pin point the problem . I hoping the physio has a knowledge of running. I was just starting to do some more speed oriented training and Tiffany finally looks like she is on the mend. I am just trying to be patient and hopefully will not be off running for too long a period of time by being conservative. At the moment I would say the injury is Grade 1 and if I don't to anything too silly my time away from running will be less. Thankfully I had no races planned and have been lucky that until now have managed to escape injury this year.

Life
Amy has had a little more time off work lately as she had Sunday off and will be off all weekend. She had the day off last Saturday but went shopping for some down time. I took Kieran to the cricket and the beach so things worked out fine. When I was driving with to work the other day he said cricket. I had to say not today Saturday. It is amazing how much you influence.
I have come to the conclusion that children are not really morning people. We always sit down in the morning with Kieran and a video or DVD and would not dream of rushing him off with me to daycare. Once he sort himself out he is fine always good for a giggle. He still puts up a bit of a fight when I drop him off to daycare but if their is an interesting activity like painting going on he is ok.Amy is working overnight on Sunday so wish me luck with Kieran
A conractor had a nasty accident at work at roof this morning falling thru the skylight and breaking his ankle in the process. It could have been a lot worse. Look forward to the Melbourne Cup on Tuesday.Amy is working overnight on Sunday so wish me luck with Kieran who is ever out there in blogland.

Till next time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with Kieran...as if you need it!!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I hope the physio works and you're over the injury soon Michael. Glad to hear Tiffany is on the mend.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, Michael & good running for the New Year!

1:58 PM  
Blogger michael donnelly said...

Luckylegs,
Thanks for the Christmas wishes they returned in kind to you. Sorry to take so long to get back to you but I have not been checking my blog.

Regards
Michael

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home